Thursday, February 28, 2013

Assassin's Creed 4: ALREADY?!


Ubisoft has confirmed that Black Flag is real and is the fourth major installment in the Assassin’s Creed series and will be out this year. That means it’ll still have the buggy AC3 engine, though should be perfected by then. I assume they were listening to fans who really liked the naval combat system and built a game all around that. I enjoyed the naval combat and even said I would like to see a game completely designed around that system…….. I just didn’t want another Assassin’s Creed built around it. This would work for a DLC or subgame like Brotherhood or Revelations but the next chapter and so soon? It’s no secret that AC3 didn’t do as well as Ubisoft had hoped. I listed it as the most disappointing game of 2012. It seems to me that this is an effort to cover their butts with the disappointment that was Assassin’s Creed 3. I was hoping the next game would have a completely new setting like feudal Japan or WWII. Instead, it’s more or less the same setting as AC3, just in the Caribbean Sea. We’ll see how it pans out but I can’t say I’ll be looking forward to reviewing it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment